The Business Year (TBY) is a multi-channel platform providing news and analysis on some of the world's most dynamic economies. TBY has teams on the ground in over 35 countries, conducting interviews with top executives, policymakers and thought-leaders who are helping to define the future of the global economy. Our annual country-specific editions, vibrant web coverage, and diverse media offerings - including intelligence, podcasts, and videographics - are testimony to an innovative, 360 approach to presenting information that offers an insight look at doing business in these often underreported markets.
TBY’s interviewees, readers, and partners comprise an international network of thought-leaders who are helping to define the future of the global economy.
The Business Year is now hiring Country Editors based Worldwide.
- Working in a team of 2/3 responsible for analysing and identifying leading industry players, conducting interviews with world’s top decision makers (Presidents, Ministers, Chairmen, CEOs, etc.), collecting first-hand information and writing authoritative articles.
- University graduates with a sound knowledge of international, political, business and economic affairs - aged between 24-28.
- Perfect command of both written and spoken English. Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish, is a plus.
- Commercial and business acumen.
- An interest in traveling extensively and year-around availability, capable of adapting to new cultures and changing environments.
- Relevant journalistic experience or training.
- A working knowledge of current events, business, economics and geopolitics.
- Strong work ethic.
- Outstanding personal presentation.
- Excellent organizational, networking and interpersonal skills to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Independent and self-motivated - takes on big challenges, driven to deliver and at ease with working under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Self-starter, functioning well within a team environment while being capable of working independently. Must demonstrate superior problem solving and communications skills.
Apply for Country Editors based Worldwide
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.